scooters scooters scooters 50cc moped 125cc moped 125cc motorcycles 125cc motorbikes 125cc-motorbike electric-moped scooter-insurance scooter-finance motorbike-finance
Home 50cc Scooters 125cc Scooters 125cc Motorcycles Guides Electric Moped Insurance About Finance FAQ Affiliates Contact Terms

What Do You Need To Tax a Moped?

What Do You Need To Tax a Moped?

For anyone buying a moped from Direct Bikes, you are buying a brand new ride. This means buying a vehicle that you can trust is going to be in the right condition for handling the roads of the UK. The main challenge that you might have when choosing whether or not to buy a moped, though, is the tax.

Tax is vital, as anyone who is riding a vehicle on the roads of the UK must have insurance and they must have tax. So, what do you need to tax a moped?What do you need to do if you wish to get your vehicle taxed properly?

What do you need to tax a moped?

Moped tax has been a thing for many years and is a larger part of the wider UK road tax. UK road tax came to be as early as 1921, and it’s become essential for the maintenance of UK roads and various other features. If you wish to ride any moped from our store, no matter its size, you will have to get it road taxed. In fact, the only vehicles that we sell at Direct Bikes which would not require road taxation is our electric scooters!

To go ahead and get your vehicle taxed, you need to arrange it through the DVLA. You can do so by going to your local post office and getting forms for taxing your vehicle. This can then be dealt with, sent away, and given to the DVLA via the post office. However, please be aware that this is not going to be instant.

If you would rather do your DVLA registration for tax online, you can do so. It is much easier as you won’t need quite so many documents; the information you need is all stored online. All that you need to do is go through their basic forms and then pay your road tax.

Typically, you will find that that a full year’s road tax for one of our scooters at Direct Bikes will be around the £25 mark. Both 50cc and 125cc scooters from our store fall under the same tax bracket. You can pay it all up at once, or you can pay it in monthly instalments. Paying via instalment will cost you more, but it only accounts to around £1 more across the year.

Once you have paid your fee either online or via the post, you will receive your tax disc in the post shortly. You have to have this on display on your moped, or you could run into some legal issues.

Remember that you CANNOT ride on the roads of the UK without legal and valid tax. So, if your present tax disc has run out and you are still waiting for a replacement, we recommend avoiding riding until it arrives. Either way, you should speak to us at Direct Bikes if you need any help at all in handling the road taxation side of things.

It can be a confusing process, but we’ll be happy to make it as easy for you as we possibly can.


Check Out Other Questions: