scooters scooters scooters 50cc moped 125cc moped 125cc motorcycles 125cc motorbikes 125cc-motorbike electric-moped scooter-insurance scooter-finance motorbike-finance
Home 50cc Scooters 125cc Scooters 125cc Motorcycles Guides Electric Moped Insurance About Finance FAQ Affiliates Contact Terms

How To Get a Moped License?

How To Get a Moped License?

For anyone thinking about getting into moped riding, the licensing aspect can be quite confusing. If you are new to riding a bike or a moped, then you want to make sure that you get the right license booked in ASAP. At Direct Bikes, we work with many of our customers to help them find the right kind of license for their needs. So, what do you need to do know how to get a moped license? What is the protocol?

It’s actually quite easy, though it depends on a few factors relevant to you personally.

How to get a moped license?

The first thing that you need to work out is what kind of license you would like for. For example, are you considering getting a moped license having already passed your driving test?

Then if you passed after the 1st February 2001, you would need to go and complete your Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) exam. If you did this, though, you would be able to get either a 50cc or 125cc moped on the road. You could ride a 50cc without L plates, but anything larger would need you to wear your L plates.

If you passed before the 1st February 2001, though, the rules are somewhat different. Were you to have passed before, then you would need to only take your CBT exam if you wished to exceed 50cc. This means you could ride one of our 50cc scooters for sale on a full driving license without your CBT or your full moped test. This would only become the case if you wished to ride something a bit stronger than a 50cc, such as one of our 125cc scooter rides. What about, though, if you want a full moped license, not a CBT?

Getting a full moped license

To ride a moped on a full license, you would have to make sure you suit the right age requirements. For one, if you are aged 16 or above then you could go and get your AM license. This is your license to ride a 50cc moped without any limitations outside of going on the motorway. You could pick up a pillion passenger etc. with your AM license.

For those who wish to ride a 125cc, though, you need to be 17+ and go and apply for your A1 license. This is going to be more suited to those who want to go to our 125cc range. You should then come and speak to us if you have any uncertainty at all about what your license can and cannot cover you for. We’ll be happy to take a look and help you to work out exactly what you should be entitled to have with your present license.

Simply take a look at what license you have, though, and we can make sure that you can easily pick out a vehicle from our range today. It’s not hard to make a choice; you just need to know what you can and cannot drive. for more information on your moped license affects you, speak to us today.

Check Out Other Questions: