scooters scooters scooters 50cc moped 125cc moped 125cc motorcycles 125cc motorbikes 125cc-motorbike electric-moped scooter-insurance scooter-finance motorbike-finance
Home 50cc Scooters 125cc Scooters 125cc Motorcycles Guides Electric Moped Insurance About Finance FAQ Affiliates Contact Terms

Road Legal 50cc Bikes

Road Legal 50cc Bikes

  1. Road Legal 50cc Bikes
    colours4 Colours
    125cc Eagle Motorcycle
    "Free Top Box Worth £69.99"


  2. 125cc Daytona Motorcycle
    colours2 Colours
    125cc Daytona Motorcycle
    "Free Top Box Worth £69.99"


  3. 125cc Sports RS Motorcycle
    colours2 Colours
    125cc Sports RS Motorcycle
    "Free Top Box Worth £69.99"


  4. 125cc Storm Motorcycle
    colours2 Colours
    125cc Storm Motorcycle


  5. 125cc Enduro S Motorcycle
    colours3 Colours
    125cc Enduro S Motorcycle


  6. 125cc Nevada Motorbikes
    colours1 Colour
    125cc Nevada Motorbikes
    "Free Side Box And Screen Worth £89.99"


For any Briton looking to join the riding club, you’ll have no problem buying a road legal bike from Direct Bikes. Our high standard bikes make the ideal place for you to start if you are looking for an easy way to learn how to ride. With brand new bikes made by specialists, we make sure that you can buy a brilliant riding instrument starting at just £959!

One thing to note about all Direct Bikes vehicles powered by petrol is they are 100% road legal. Road legality is very important to know about, as some models of car/bike have varying rules and regulations.

This is why if you intend on becoming a driver, you should look to understand what you can actually buy. For example, what are road legal 50cc bikes?

What is 50cc then?

First off, let’s look at 50cc and what that means. When buying from our team, you will see this come up more than a few times. The term 50cc means 50 Cubic Centimetres. This is more or less the size of the engine in the device. If you choose to buy one of our 50cc bikes, you can expect to have a vehicle that is powerful relative to walking speed.

Typically, you could pick up a road legal 50cc bike that can take you to speeds of around 28mph to 30mph. That is often more than enough if you intend on only driving in slower domestic zones. Going on a motorway with a 50cc device is not allowed, though – you would need a more powerful vehicle to do so. Before we look at anything like that, though, let’s take a moment to look at what ‘road legal’ actually means.

So, 50cc is the most commonly seen speed classification for a moped or scooter. At Direct Bikes, we sell numerous models in the 50cc range. They are the most commonly seen engine size alongside 125cc bikes, which we also sell. For most beginner drivers, a 50cc engine is what you will get the chance to learn and hone your skills on. CC related to the size of your engine, and the kind of power output that it is capable of.

50cc engines are among the smallest engines that you will find in any kind of motorised vehicle. It’s important to note that, as you will usually find that 50cc is your ‘starter’ range. Most of the time, a 50cc model is going to be powered using a Continuously Variable Transmission, or CVT. This is also known as Twist & Go, meaning that it is fully automatic. No gear changes needed with just about any kind of 50cc model you buy today from Direct Bikes!

You simply twist the handlebars toward you, and you should notice yourself picking up speed. Note that while you can ‘only’ do 30mph of speed with a road legal 50cc bike, you can accelerate from 0-30 in very little time. This gives you a tremendous feeling of power – even at 50cc.

Can I go faster than 30mph?

All vehicles sold with a 50cc engine at Direct Bikes will come with a top speed of 30 miles per hour. This will allow you to drive in fitting with government regulations, though, so you won’t be going too fast. This will mean that you can pick up enough pace to get you around a city fast, as well as making sure you can move through traffic at a comfortable speed.

Road legal 50cc bikes are not permitted to go on the motorway. You should not try and go on the road with a scooter that is carrying a 50cc engine. This is not something you should try.

We would recommend that you leave motorway riding until you invest in a scooter with an engine speed of at least 125cc. Keep in mind that you also need a full driving license, not only a provisional backed up with Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) certificates.

Riding your 50cc legally

If you do choose to buy a road legal 50cc bike from Direct Bikes, you want to know it’s suitable for riding on the road. This is to do with the rider ss much as the vehicle, though!

You will find that you are not permitted to ride a 50cc bike until you reach the age of sixteen. Once you are of the age of 16, though, you are more than capable of riding a bike of this capacity – so long as you go and get what you need.

The vast majority of 50cc bikes are built with people aged 16-21 in mind. However, anyone could ride one of our road legal 50cc vehicles; so long as you are of legal age, it’ll be suitable.

They are mostly meant for ‘young’ drivers, though you can obviously drive one at any age so long as you are legally covered. To drive a 50cc bike, you don’t need a full driving license. Instead, what you will need to do is pass what is known as your Compulsory Basic Training, or your CBT. The CBT involves both practical and theoretical tests, and you must pass both of them. Both can be passed in a single day, with all of the information that you need given to you during the test. However, please note that there is no stipulation that you *must* pass in one day.

Your instructor has the right to keep asking you to go around the testing until you get it to the correct standard. Once you have passed both of those CBT tests, though, you are permitted to drive with your L plates on.

Taxing and insuring your 50cc

At Direct Bikes, our main concern is that you leave our website with a bike 100% suited to your style of riding. This means making sure that you can easily get it purchased, delivered, and then taxed plus insured.

Remember though that you cannot just hop on the road the minute you get your 50cc. Any road legal 50cc bikes are going to be safe to drive only once you have given it both scooter tax and scooter insurance. With a usual waiting period of 3 working days after purchase for delivery, you have ample time to arrange tax and insurance.

Road tax is often very, very cheap on our 50cc mopeds. They are so cheap and affordable to run that road tax is often very small. You will also need to go through the process of getting scooter insurance.

If you do get insurance and you buy a model that is right for you, though, you can start enjoying driving around to your hearts content. Just be sure to listen to any kind of information that you can get from a more experienced driver. And if you want to buy a proper road legal 50cc bike, make sure you buy something new. All of our bikes are brand new, so you can rely upon on our models to never let you down!

We sell top quality road legal engines you can start driving as soon as you get them insured. Don’t settle for something needlessly dangerous; buy a new 50cc bike and enjoy driving with total confidence. If you have any questions or queries about our scooters, then do not hesitate to contact us for more information. We’ll be more than happy to help you make your purchase a little easier!

Check Out Other Pages: